Thursday, February 4, 2010

Nice Guys Finish Last

First let me just say when I say guys I mean people but that phrase is more catchy. Hence me being nice for the sake of the public eye. So now that is out of the way lets get to it. For the sake of argument lets say when you die you go to heaven. So during one's years on earth you, assuming you're in the 'nice club' have been used, abused, stepped on and over all for different reasons by fellow humans. Maybe you believe in remaining faithful to humanity and therefore rendering you 'mean challenged' you think: "hey, I will receive my reward in the future or even afterlife". Guess what? The same 'meanies' here on earth will probably end up in a line at the gates and as on earth ahead of the nice crew. How unfair you ask, unless of course you aren't 'nice'. Believe me also when I say this, just because you are reading this does not make you nice. Not to the point that you are always last in what seems like everything life has to offer. So in my theory I see fussing and fighting in the afterlife and once again the nice guys are at the back of the line. Being patient and wondering at this point was it really all worth it? Maybe they should have been those miserable old ladies who own dozens of cats, keep the shades drawn, or those old men who just have no filter on their brains when it comes to speaking to people, or purposely tripping small children with their canes. And just as all seems lost, the nice guys notice that in all the fighting and bickering the mean folk have inadvertently stepped out of line and made way for those of us who have patiently waited all our life for our turns. We step up quickly, enter the gates as they gently close. Leaving behind all those who took us for granted wondering now what. Leaving us saying: JUSTICE!

Wisdom & Love

No comments: