Thursday, February 18, 2010

Customer Service: So Sad

I am sure that people have noticed the decline in customer service. The nonchalant attitudes of people in the customer service field is ridiculous. Yes, people do have 'bad days' but if everyday is a bad day then frankly you should quit. I believe it takes way more effort to be cruel than kind. I'm not even expecting for anyone to go out of their way but at least use routine manners learned in preschool. I don't want to see 'eye rolling' or hear hard breathing because I want to change my order or I have a question that you just don't feel like dealing with. Is that not your job? It's in the very description of your title. Servicing the customer, and no the customer is not always right. I have been on the other side of the fence and customers can be jerks at times. But those are few and far between especially when you keep the attitude positive from the start. Even the look on some one's face tells me if they want to be bothered or not. No, you don't have to smile 24/7 but don't look like I just kicked you in your back and now I'm asking to borrow money from you. This attitude of 'it's not my problem' is so off the marker. It IS exactly your problem if I'm the customer and you are servicing me. Maybe in this day and age of faceless services work ethics are no longer a priority. I even see this attitude in managers which trickles down to the employees which makes the overall experience for everyone uncomfortable. Maybe consumers have grown used to it and no longer have time to complain so we just deal with it. In turn the cycle continues because there is no repercussion for this terrible service that is being given. Maybe this is not your dream job, but that gives no reason to have such attitudes. In these economic times you should be happy enough to have a job and do all you can to keep it. Instead of complaining, because I know I'm not the only one, let's start complaining and turning these bad attitudes around. If I'm spending my money, which I hate to have to do anyway, I sure don't want sucky service while doing it.

Wisdom & Love

No comments: