Monday, March 1, 2010

Lines...Who Needs Them Anyway

I hope I understand Mr. Gillis's suggestion on the topic of why male and females are corny and give wack lines. The age old confusion between the sexes: men vs. women. Why do men use lame lines to pull women? Why do women do the same? Well I can only speculate from a man's point of view since I am a female. Perhaps some men just aren't creative enough to come up with their own sayings to attract a female. Better yet, maybe these men fail to understand that most women don't even require elaborate schemes to be pulled in. Most of us are content with the straight forward, polite approach. Again maybe men think women are that mind boggling that this can't be true. Yes, it is! Believe it! For most of us, especially mature women, lines tell us that this man is scripted and any further communication may seem like a play that has been written. Women on the other hand respond to lines with lame excuses as well. I guess we feel why put in the effort of an elaborate let down when the approach was lame to begin with.
My theory also applies to women who try using lines as well. It's hard enough to work up the courage for male or female to approach anyone. Rejection is a huge ego blow so perhaps its nervousness that cause people to use lines. You always go for what you know when you can't think of anything else. And maybe some people feel like why be creative when there is a 50% chance of rejection.
So that being said I say keep it simple. Be polite and honest when approaching the opposite sex. I know I'm not impressed by lines and I'm sure I'm safe in saying that plenty of people feel the same. Keep it simple and have confidence.

Wisdom & Love

No comments: