Sunday, March 7, 2010

Live Like We're Dying

Ever since my dad passed and I've matured I have a different outlook on life. I see how people really carry such an importance on material things. I can't say that I do anymore. I'm not saying I don't have goals or aspirations, I mean otherwise I wouldn't even be writing. It's like that song by Kris Allen "Live Like We're Dying". Everyday and every decision you make truly counts. We always, always assume that we have time to correct things or change them or take that last trip. To tell someone you love them that you haven't spoken to in years, or someone you were even afraid to tell. That place you say you will visit one day, and that day never comes. Who is to say that the world won't end before we have done even one thing that is important to us. Do things today that you feel you can put off tomorrow. It doesn't even have to be anything big. Maybe its something you feel you should say...then just say it. People always say "tomorrow is never promised" but do they truly feel that in their hearts? I believe we should live like each day is our last because it very well could be. So do at least one thing you've always wanted but were too scared to do. Make a list of things you want to do and do them. I think in living this way you are TRULY living.

Wisdom & Love

No comments: