Thursday, August 11, 2011

Dignity or Dollars?

Perhaps I need to vent to make it through the work week, I don't know. My newest thought though is when it comes down to dignity and employment which would one choose? Especially in this economy where even with a degree and stable work history it's like pulling teeth just to get an interview. I've never been one to truly want to be "in" with the popular crowd in school. I've always been somewhat of a rebel, so when it comes to compromising my feelings and playing my intelligence down it really bothers me. Maybe I am being judgmental when it comes to the things I see in my office, but I just can't bring myself to join. I think my biggest issue is that I feel I condone the actions that I know are inherently wrong and borderline illegal at times. I'm no self made millionaire, nor do I have an air tight plan on what I would do if I no longer had this job, but I wonder if it came down to me compromising or securing my employment which would I choose? Which would you?

No comments: